At Wightman, safety comes first in everything we do. As we live our value of safety, we want to share with you our current plans and practices related to COVID-19. While we continue to monitor the situation closely, and will take direction from our public health officials and the government, out of an abundance of caution for our employees, families, and community we have several initiatives underway and continue to keep our customers connected during this challenging time.
Switch to Wightman, Contact-free!
Our retail locations are open for New Sign-Ups and Mobility sales with safety and social-distancing measures in place. However we understand that some of our customers want the flexibility of a remote-based sign up experience – little to no contact sign up. Reach out to us however you feel comfortable:
- by phone at 1-888-477-2177
- by email email@example.com
- online at wightman.ca/signup
- You can also use our Chat service at wightman.ca to speak with one of our Customer Care representatives
Did you want to sign up for Fibre to the Home? There are many ways you can sign up for Fibre to the Home using one of these contact-free methods:
- by phone at 1-877-863-4273
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org for Arthur, email@example.com for Stratford and firstname.lastname@example.org for Fergus/Elora
- online at wightman.ca/signup
Most other activities can be done remotely by calling:
- our Customer Care team at 1-888-477-2177 Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 7:00PM and Saturday 10:00AM – 4:00PM
- our Technical Support team at 1-877-327-4440 available 24/7/365
For those who want to visit us in person we are limiting the number of visitors per retail location as follows:
- Clifford - 4 customers at a time
- Hanover - 4 customers at a time
- Fergus - 4 customers at a time
- Stratford - 5 customers at a time
- Arthur - 3 customers at a time
In addition, we would ask that only one family representative come in to our location at a time rather than couples or parents with children. We have floor graphics at each location to assist customers in physical distancing.
If you have a cough, cold, or are unwell, please stay home.
No public washrooms are available at any of our retail locations.
Our cleaning staff have been asked to pay extra attention to all “touch points” within our buildings. We are evaluating our existing cleaning products to determine whether there are more effective cleaners and disinfectants available.
Our staff who go to customer locations or have customer points of contact as part of their role are provided with PPE and have been reminded that if for any reason they feel their health or safety would be compromised, staff have the ability and support to leave the appointment and remove themselves from the situation.
Wightman is now booking all service connect types as long as the location has confirmed that they are COVID-19 and symptom-free.
Our construction team is fully operational.
As this is a fluid situation and circumstances can change quickly, we will continue to monitor and make adjustments as necessary and recommended by our public health officials and government. Should they arise, we will post on our website any further changes to how we do business. We are passionate about providing the best possible experience in every interaction, and that includes during times of uncertainty.
We understand that keeping in touch with your family, friends, and staying on top of current events during this time is especially important. Here are some of the ways we are helping you stay connected.
All Wightman internet customers enjoy unlimited internet service. There is no cap to your internet service, so you can surf, stream, and stay connected all day, every day.
All Wightman TV customers have access to free channel previews and on-demand content. You can check out all of our free previews here.
We would also encourage you to sign up for a Wightman SmartHub account, which lets customers easily manage and make changes to all of their Wightman services and pay their Wightman bills online through Wightman SmartHub.
If you have any questions, our Customer Care team remains available Monday to Friday 8:00AM-7:00PM and Saturday 10:00AM-4:00PM by calling 1-888-477-2177 and our Technical Support team remains available 24/7/365 by calling 1-877-327-4440.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I have equipment to return, where do I take it?
A. We have equipment return bins set up at our retail locations. Please write your name and account information and include this in the bag along with your equipment, and leave it in one of the designated bins at our locations.
Q. Technical Support has asked me to swap my equipment. How should I do that?
A. We will set up a technician to drop off equipment at your home. You can leave your old equipment at the door for the exchange.
Cyber Safety: Best Practices Working from Home
Many companies have started to have their staff working from home where possible. This is now creating a better chance for cyber criminals to gain access to information than ever before. On top of that they are taking advantage of people’s fear.
This is a quick list of extra steps you can take to make working from home safer.
1. Connect to a secured network
- A wired connection is best.
- A wireless connection to a password protected SSID.
- Do NOT use public WiFi.
2. Connect to a VPN
- Creates a secure connection which data is passed through.
- DO NOT forward extra ports to your work PC or set it as a DMZ device on the router.
- Even on a VPN your PC is still only part of your home network.
3. Be careful of at home setup pictures
- No confidential information showing on your screen(s).
- No confidential information showing on papers or anything else at the workspace.
4. Be suspicious of COVID-19 emails
- Emails have been going around offering links to websites for data or supply purchases.
- Emails are trying to get people to go to websites to help malware spread.
- Emails are also trying to sell supplies just to gain payment and personal information.
- Some emails are spoofed very well and can make you think the source is authentic.
5. Be wary of COVID-19 websites
- Stick with websites you know and trust for COVID-19 information.
- Fake COVID-19 websites have been made which just want to infect users with malware.
6. Be wary of unknown apps and/or software programs
- Stick with the pre-loaded apps & software programs on your computer.
- Do not download Apps/programs/screen-savers etc. from unknown sources.