Temporary Line Burial also known as a BSW.
When is line burial season?
- Line burial season starts May 1st and ends Nov 30th depending on ground conditions.
How is the line buried?
- The burial is completed outside of the house.
- A preview is completed prior to the installation.
- The BSW is installed from the closest pedestal to the protector at the house.
- The line will be buried at depth ranges from 12” to 16”.
- Our BSW Installation Crew will ensure your landscaping is kept to its original condition.
How long will it take for my line to be buried?
- All work orders are prioritized based on submission date starting May 1st.
- Depending on the requirements of the work, completion time may exceed 12 weeks.
- If 12 weeks have passed and the line has not been buried yet, rest assure that your order is still in line to be completed.
What is required for the burial?
- We will not need access to your home as the burial is completed outside of the house.
- The BSW Installation Crew may require access to your neighbor’s property, if so, they will request access once on site.
- Municipal permits are not required for BSW installs on private property, but occasionally Municipal Permits are required if work is being done on or crossing Public Property.
- Wightman Contracting does not locate and mark other utilities other than our own.
- Wightman Contracting will obtain all necessary locates to complete the work safely.
- The burial contractors must therefore submit a request to Ontario1Call, which assigns a locating team, to mark the indicators for other utilities. This procedure can take 2 to 4 weeks and is valid for 30 days
- Spray paint & Flag Colours: gas (yellow), communication lines (orange), hydro (red) and water (blue).
What should I do if there is a problem with my temporary line?
- If the temporary cable line is posing a safety issue, has not been removed, or if the cable line has snapped or become broken, please contact our Technical Support team at 1-877-327-4440.