What Does it Do?
Call Waiting notifies you that a second call is on the line and allows you to switch between the calls. The service is always enabled but you can disable it on a per-call basis.
Dial-Up internet users: Call Waiting may cause your internet connection to be dropped if you use Dial-Up internet. To avoid this, insert *70 before your Dial-Up number on the log-in prompt (the screen where you enter your password) to deactivate call waiting for an individual connection. The service cannot be deactivated while there is a call waiting. If you choose to disable this feature permanently, call us at 1-888-477-2177.
How Do I Use It?
To Accept a Call Waiting call:
- When you hear a Call Waiting tone during a call, press FLASH or LINK on your telephone.
- You are now connected to the second caller.
- By choosing FLASH or LINK again, you can go between both callers.
- If you hang up while a call is still on hold, your telephone will instantly ring, allowing you to reconnect the on-hold call.
To Cancel Call Waiting:
- To deactivate call waiting for an individual call, dial *70 before making the call.