We’re expanding our fibre network, making Stratford another gig community.
Wightman is connecting your community for the future with faster and more reliable technology, a direct connection to virtually unlimited possibilities! Enjoy all your services from one local provider; Internet speeds up to 1 Gbps, TV service the way you want, and reliable phone service.
Get all the details about our Fibre to the Home project in Stratford:
To get Fibre to your home or business, you must sign up for Wightman Fibre to the Home service. We will not automatically bring Fibre to your home or business, and even current Wightman customers must sign up. Please call us at 1-877-863-4273 or Email.
Stratford Fibre to the Home Launch FAQs
1. Where is your store located?
- Wightman's Stratford store is located at 587 Huron Street, Unit 3, Stratford.
- Find us on Google Maps
2. When does your store open?
- Our Stratford store opened on April 2, 2018.
3. What services can I get from Wightman?
- On the residential side:
- Amazing Internet with speed tiers as fast as 1 Gbps – all Wightman's Internet packages are unlimited with no usage based billing;
- Digital TV with crystal-clear HD channels, DVR, Whole Home DVR, and TV Everywhere. We offer a wide selection of pre-built packages and standalone channels;
- Home phone with 10 free features;
- Mobility service to complete your quad-play bundle.
- On the business side, we offer all of the above as well as:
- Business data services;
- Managed WiFi;
- Business HPBX (Hosted Private Branch Exchange) or on-premise solutions;
- CCTV IP cameras and Network Video Recording systems.
4. Should I sign up for fibre now?
- Yes! There are some great reasons to sign up for Fibre to the Home now. If you sign up now, your price will be locked in based on our current prices. That could mean signing up today, you would lock in to our 2018 rates, even if you don't get connected until 2020. You will continue to enjoy the price through 2023. Signing up today also allows you to move your internet and/or phone service over to Wightman now, and start to enjoy the experience of being a Wightman customer. Knowing where the most interest is also influences our fibre design.
5. How do I sign up for fibre now?
- Customers can start the fibre sign up process in any of the following ways:
6. When does construction start?
- Construction is well underway and homes are now being installed with Wightman Fibre to the Home.
7. Where is construction happening?
- Check out the latest Stratford Fibre to the Home construction updates on our blog.
8. When will you be on my street?
- Our construction project will occur in several stages, and this information will be available on our website or by visiting our store. Also, when we have plans to come down your street, we will advise each home and business in the area with a construction letter and information brought to your door. You won't be able to miss us!
9. I've heard that Rhyzome is part of the Fibre to the Home project. Who do I talk to, Wightman or Rhyzome?
- Wightman will be your service provider and all questions about the project, the services, timing, and pricing can be answered by Wightman through the contact details below. Rhyzome is providing some of the fibre backbone to allow us to get around the town to deliver the service quickly. They will pass you over to us to answer any of your enquiries.
10. Are you fibring the whole city?
- While construction plans are still being finalized, we will be providing fibre to the whole city, with the exception of the down-town core (at this time).
11. Why aren’t you fibring the downtown?
- The small section of downtown Stratford that is not part of our existing plans will be a separate project that is still in development. Given the density of the downtown and difficulty of burying fibre up and down these main streets, our solution for the downtown core will need to be a combination of fibre and wireless.
12. Do you have plans to fibre St Mary's or Mitchell or Sebringville or any other town in close proximity to Stratford?
- At this time, we do not have any plans for any adjacent towns as our resources are committed to the fibre construction project in Stratford. As we progress through the project we will start to plan for our next town.
Visit our Stratford Construction page to read our most recent project updates.