- One HD Set-Top Box Free
- Local news & information
- Watch on demand
- Use your device like a remote control
Something for every lifestyle and budget
"Best, most patient, and least expensive. Anyone who has tried Wightman says they will never leave."
Janet, customer for more than 3 years
Wightman On Demand allows you to view an impressive selection of programming and movies when you want, as often as you want, over a 24 hour period – with all the pause, rewind, and fast-forward capabilities that you'd get from your VCR, DVD, or Blu-Ray player. Programs and movies are refreshed every week so you always have something new to enjoy. Access the VOD menu with the ON DEMAND button on your remote control. No waiting. No schedules.
These VOD (Video On Demand) channels are available free with a subscription to Wightman's Essential TV package.
These VOD channels are available with subscription to the corresponding linear channel.
WatchTVEverywhere is a free service for streaming TV programs on something other than a TV set. Watch your favourite program on your computer, tablet, or smartphone anywhere you connect to high-speed internet.
It's easy to start using watchTVEverywhere – Click here to login or register your WatchTVEverywhere account. After registration, click on the channel icons to access content on the channel's website, or visit the app store specific to your device to download the channel's app. For more support with WatchTVEverywhere visit our support page.
Portable Viewing Apps
Some channels available on Wightman TV Everywhere have apps. To use a channel's portable TV app, download it from your device's application store and enter your Wightman TV Everywhere login information.
Crave™ is a great addition to Wightman's On Demand video service. Giving you access to thousands of hours of TV shows like HBO classic series, the best sitcoms in TV history, today's top shows and Canadian exclusive original series, handpicked for TV lovers just like you.
How Do I Subscribe?
Call Wightman Customer Care at 1-888-477-2177 to subscribe to Crave™. Try it for one month FREE! After your first month, Crave™ is only $6 per month.
How Do I Watch Crave™?
- Watch on your TV from the On Demand Menu.
- Download the Crave™ App for your iOS or Android device.
How Do I Learn More?
What's the Difference?
Local programming by local producers for the local audience: That's Wightman Community TV. Watch programs highlighting local festivals, entertainment, history, places and people. You can even catch select local minor sporting events. New shows are added every week!
Here are just a few of the many programs on Wightman Community TV:
Our most popular series, Our Stories looks at people, places, and events happening in your area.
What’s Happening strives to showcase new businesses, events and happenings in your local area. Produced in partnership with local chambers, municipalities and museums, it will be your resource for whats going on in the area. Our coverage area currently includes Hanover, Mount Forest, Stratford, and Minto.
Health and Exercise Shows
Tune in every day, Monday through Saturday, for our workout and health programs, which include yoga and light to high intensity exercises, as well as shows about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Check out our newest show Healthy Living with Laura on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Check out our sports shows which include local skating competitions, hockey games, and other sporting events. Also join us on Friday and Sunday evenings for our shows, MWO Sports and Hockey Talk or Baseball Talk. Hosted by local people who know the sports scene, these shows discuss local sports, as well as national and international sports. We are also proud to support both the Hanover Raceway and Listowel Legionnaires and televise the weekly races from the Raceway and select games from the Legionnaires schedule.
It’s All About You
Join host Joel Axler as he explores the stories of local people. Learn about their history and careers. There’s always someone interesting just around the corner. Tune in on Mondays and Thursdays to check out It's All About You.
Centre Wellington Heritage
In partnership with the Centre Wellington Heritage Committee, we take you behind the scenes of the buildings you travel by all the time. Learn about the history of these buildings and what makes them unique. Join us on Mondays and Thursdays to watch Centre Wellington Heritage.
Local Church Services
Join worshippers from several congregations in Wightman's service area, as they share their singing, teaching and preaching with their communities.
Rotary TV BINGO
Playing Rotary TV BINGO supports your community. Tune in to Rotary TV BINGO on Wightman TV Channel 1 every Tuesdays at 7 PM– 8PM, starting October 1st. For rules and where to buy your tickets, click here.
Community Event Announcements
Does your organization have an upcoming event? Post it on Wightman Community TV! There are several ways to do it:
Make sure to include the name of your organization and event, the date & time, and ways for viewers to find out more information. Please note that screen space is limited and the text provided may be shortened to fit.
How Can I Help?
Do you have experience in broadcasting, digital video editing, or just really good people skills? Maybe you have no experience and want to try something new? We are always looking for volunteers who want to help promote the local events and businesses that Wightman Community TV covers every week!! If you are interested in volunteering with Wightman Community TV, contact us at 1-888-477-2177.
Do you have an idea for a program? Or maybe you already produce a program that you would like to see on Wightman Community TV. To make a submission, contact us at 1-888-477-2177.
On-Screen Guide Features
- Fast and customizable – Make the text larger or increase the number of channels you want to see on your screen, plus enjoy an adjustable grid size to fit your viewing preference!
- Channel guide info – See up to 12 days in advance, with detailed descriptions of your favourite shows!
- Easy to use Video On Demand service! – Accessing new release movies and your favourite shows is easy!
- "What's Hot" – A fun app in your guide that shows you the top channels that Wightman TV customers are watching!
- Guide Search – Easily search with the left arrow on your remote or simply press the 'search' button when you're in the guide!
- New Channels – Our channel lineup is always growing to give you more of what you want! See our channel list
- On-Screen Low Battery Warning – When your remote control batteries get low, a warning will pop up on your screen.
- DVR Binge Mode – When watching a Series Recording, your DVR will prompt you to watch the next recording.
- Restart TV – Missed half the game or your favourite show? Now you can restart with this feature that is available on certain channels (see below), and is indicated in the onscreen TV Guide by a green clock icon as shown here. Find out how to use this feature here.
- What's Hot App – Check out the top channels being watched!
- Weather App – Check local weather for your town!
- Games App – Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, MineSweeper, Memory, Sudoku Video Tutorials.
- ManageMyTVs for your Mobile Device!
- View remaining space on your DVR, browse your current scheduled recordings, and set up new recordings.
- Browse the guide, tune to the channel you want to watch, or create recording schedules.
- Use your Android or iOS mobile device as a remote control.