Safety is everyone’s responsibility and at Wightman we value the safety of our employees and our customers.
From providing team members with specialized training, tools, and equipment to practicing Safety First in every situation, our value of Safety is part of our mission to deliver wow experiences each and every day.
Most recently, we've been practicing our value of safety as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. Much of how we live and work has changed over the past few months, and we're still finding and developing new ways to stay safe and connect with our local communities. Find out more on our plans and practices related to COVID-19.
Our retail stores are open for new sign ups and Mobility sales – click here for individual store hours. We ask that you observe the signage at each of our stores, and following the social distancing, hygiene, and other safety items that we have in place. For those who feel more safe by staying home, please know that we are here for you! Many activities can be done by contacting our Customer Care or Technical Support teams. We are available by phone, email, or chat on our website.
- Customer Care team remains available MON – FRI 8:00AM – 7:00PM and SAT 10:00AM – 4:00PM by calling 1-888-477-2177
- Technical Support team remains available 24/7/365 by calling 1-877-327-4440
- For customers who want to make changes to their services, we encourage you to sign up for a Wightman SmartHub account
- Wightman SmartHub enables customers to easily add/change services, manage your account, and pay your bill online
- Visit wightman.ca/signup to set up your free Wightman SmartHub account today! If you need help setting it up, give our Customer Care team a call
Wightman Community TV
Our Wightman Community TV channel 6 team continues to work (remotely, mind you) with local Chambers of Commerce and Municipalities to bring you timely updates.
- We've uploaded more content to our YouTube channel so our communities can stay entertained.
- We're encouraging our viewers to stay safe and keep exercising with our VON Exercise Classes Playlist.
- We've partnered with VON to create a safe-and-healthy-living inspired, informative playlist including our Falls Prevention Series.
- We continue to share new content on Community TV channel 6 each week, including local church services so you can continue to stay in touch and connected.
Working and Learning From Home
We understand that many of our customers are working from home, along with students at home, and summer holidays.
- Rest assured that we're making sure our customers stay connected with unlimited connections – Wightman does not charge for internet usage.
- We've also got many extended free TV previews happening now, so you and your family can stay informed and entertained.
- We compiled our most popular features for people working from home, so you can activate the features that will be most helpful to you during this time.
- We've put together a list of Cyber Security tips to help protect you and yours as you are online.
We want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our medical professionals, front line workers, and other essential workers who are working non-stop to keep us healthy, providing for our families, and keeping us all connected. We are in this together!
We also say THANK YOU to our customers, for your commitment to our communities, families, and friends.
Read about the Wightman experience and what our customers are saying below. We’d love to hear from you, too! Please tell us about your Wightman experience on our feedback page.
"I wanted to express my gratitude… I had home phone, internet, and TV hooked up and he was very pleasant and patient. I felt comfortable having him in my home. I appreciated his knowledge of the services and that he walked me through the TV and WiFi settings. I am very pleased with how today went and I can’t wait to enjoy it all. Thanks again!" – Krystal, customer for more than 2 years
"Love being able to walk into the office to talk to someone if needed. Rarely have an issue and if we do it's taken care of by a real live human being right away. Customer service is the best. Can't beat the prices, which is an added bonus! Love Wightman." – Kim, customer for 6 years
"Wanting to send a big thank you for showing kindness and compassion in assisting me with TV set up for my sister who is going into long term care. I was looking at a 2 week wait and you went above your regular duties in getting a much shorter wait time." – Steve, customer for more than 8 years
"On Saturday one of your techs came to my home to run a couple extra lines for television. He was amazing. One was a fairly difficult install which he gave me several options for. He ended up running part of it through my basement and then the rest on the outside of the house. Where ever possible he hid it in flashing. Install looks great he also made me aware that I have the option of using my one DVR and connecting throughout the house so I can record and watch in any room. Being a service tech myself I always like to leave and install the way I would want it in my own home and Wightman did not disappoint." – Jason, customer for 3 years
"Best customer service ever! Would recommend Wightman Telecom to anybody." – Barb, customer for more than 6 years
"That little bit extra that you provide customers is what sets you apart from other companies and their techs. Thank you for your patience and professionalism." – Len, customer for 5 years
"I called tech support and… cannot say enough nice things. Very courteous, personable, and helpful! He explained things in an easy to understand way and did not get impatient with my lack of computer knowledge. Thanks again!" – Dianna, customer for more than 6 years