While many of the events or programs we participate in during the Spring season have been cancelled or postponed, Wightman is still pleased to sponsor and support the following:
- Town of Minto's PitchIt! Business Competition - Ongoing, Winners to be announced on June 16, 2020!
- Stratford Business Excellence Awards - Rescheduled to October 15, 2020
- Centre Wellington Business Excellence Awards - Postponed until Fall 2020
- North Perth Spring Home Show - Canceled
- Fergus Lions Home Show - Canceled
- Palmerston Hospital Foundation Gala - Postponed until Fall 2020
- Listowel Memorial Hospital Foundation Gala - Rescheduled to October 30, 2020
Celebrate Museum Month with us from the comfort of your home. Wightman TV subscribers can tune in to watch Bruce County Museum Adventure Talks, Wellington County Museum collections, and Stratford Perth Museum. For programming times visit our TV Listings page.
We have been touched reading online about how so many of our customers have come together during this time to demonstrate care and commitment to our communities.
Here's what some of our customers are saying:
"Just wanted to THANK Wightman for adding so many channels for us to watch while at home. I find the nature channels are very stress reducing! Thanks for being such a caring company." - Ardda, customer for more than 10 years
"Thank you... for fast, efficient, friendly service." - Sharon, customer for more than 3 years
"It is lovely to have such a professional local telecommunication company. Thank you for the care you show the community!" - Eva, customer for more than 11 years
We love hearing from our community - you can give us your feedback here!
While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we're currently living and working, we're finding and developing new ways to connect with our local communities.
Wightman Community TV
Our Wightman Community TV channel 6 team continues to work (remotely, mind you) with local Chambers of Commerce and Municipalities to bring you timely updates.
- We're posting event updates and cancellations as part of our daily Community Events.
- We've uploaded more content to our YouTube channel so our communities can stay entertained.
- We're encouraging our viewers to keep exercising with our VON Exercise Classes Playlist.
- We've partnered with VON to create a healthy-living inspired, informative playlist including our Falls Prevention Series.
- We've launched our Wightman Community TV Concert Series, encouraging local artists to send us their recordings so we can celebrate our community with a "Living Room" Concert Series – you can get more info here.
- We continue to share new content on Community TV channel 6 each week, including local church services so you can continue to stay in touch and connected.
Working and Learning from Home
We understand that many of our customers are working from home, and that many of you – like us – have children who are learning from home. This is a huge adjustment for families!
- Rest assured that we're making sure our customers stay connected with unlimited connections – Wightman does not charge for internet usage.
- We've also got many extended free TV previews happening now, so you and your family can stay informed and entertained.
- We compiled our most popular features for people working from home, so you can activate the features that will be most helpful to you during this time.
- We've put together a list of Cyber Security tips to help protect you and yours as you are online.
Keeping Communities Connected
While our offices may be closed for the time being, you can still connect with us by phone, email, or chat on our website.
- Our Customer Care team remains available Mon-Fri 8:00AM-7:00PM and Sat 10:00AM-4:00PM by calling 1-888-477-2177
- Our Technical Support team remains available 24/7/365 by calling 1-877-327-4440
- For customers who need to exchange or return equipment, give our team a call and we can make these arrangements.
- For customers who want to make changes to their services, we encourage you to sign up for a Wightman SmartHub account
- Wightman SmartHub enables customers to easily add/change services, manage your account, and pay your bill online.
- Visit wightman.ca/signup to set up your free Wightman SmartHub account today! If you need help setting it up, give our Customer Care team a call.
We want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our medical professionals, front line workers, and other essential workers who are working non-stop to keep us healthy, providing for our families, and keeping us all connected. We are in this together!
We also say THANK YOU to our customers, for your commitment to our communities, families, and friends. Together, we will win!