- Job Type
- Full Time
If you are technically savvy, an outgoing & positive team player, detail oriented, and enjoy solving problems both imaginatively and resourcefully, you should consider a career as a Technical Support Representative.
You will immerse yourself in a 24/7 in-bound call center environment, which will give you the opportunity to provide technical and network problem resolution to our customers by performing a question diagnosis while guiding customers through step-by-step resolutions. You will also have the opportunity to utilize network tools to test, upgrade, diagnose and even remotely access customer’s equipment. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Resolutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycling equipment, assisting with navigating around application menus and troubleshooting email issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and build rapport with a variety of customers and their changing technical requirements
- Handle inbound and outbound inquiries about repair, replacement, technical problem resolution, as well as product/service inquiries
- Research, diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more; offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
- Trouble shoot the required resolution including: provisioning, hardware functionality, hardware configuration, network connectivity and by escalating internal, and vendor issues
- Accurately process and record call transactions with a sense of urgency and an eye for detail, using a computer and designated tracking software; Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
- Take appropriate action to efficiently resolve all customer issues
- Take accountability to solve issues from beginning to end
- Receive and incorporate feedback to improve personal and business performance
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
Core Competencies (Skills & Attributes)
Organization, Planning and Implementation:
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Maintains consistent performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in an appropriate manner.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed. Establishes effective courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Effective listening skills
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good.
- Have a Post-secondary education in a computer-related environment or comparable work experience
- Have previous experience within a technical helpdesk and/or networked environment and/or Leadership/Coaching experience (preferably in a call center environment)
- Possess exceptional reasoning and analysis skills
- Possess strong diagnostic skills with a background in Windows & Apple operating systems
- Are available to work a flexible shift rotation (including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays) in an environment operating 7 days a week
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task (type and talk, type and listen)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, automated environment, and adapt to an evolving environment
- Possess strong computer proficiency including experience using Windows operating systems
- Demonstrate strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to type 40 words per minute would be an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Position requires use of headset/microphone
- Position functions in a 24/7 in-bound call center environment (including holidays and weekends)
- Position requires the ability to provide both constructive criticism as well as praise for performance
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.