- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- July 30, 2021 5:00 pm
As a member of the Access Network team you will be responsible for the accurate, safe and efficient customer site previewing and task coordination of Wightman fibre to the home services. This includes taking the time to thoroughly review the customer premise and choose the best location for Wightman’s equipment as well as select the most appropriate path for the service conduit from the curb to the outside of the building. The inside cabling route will be weighed against the route across the Customer’s property to Wightman’s underground facilities. This decision must reduce the impact and disruption to the Customer and obstacles for the inside technician. You will also be required to complete the necessary sketch and ensure it is recorded and forwarded to the outside installation crew.
This position requires the technician to work indoors and outdoors and use a company provided electronic systems to document all previews. The technician will be proficient in the use of a computer, laptop, or tablet for receiving their daily workload, entering job related information and closing out each job. The technician works closely with Access Network staff and the construction team and will demonstrate excellent, courteous communication by phone, or email.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preview the inside & outside of new Wightman Customer’s homes and businesses and Multi Dwelling Units
- Determine the most appropriate service delivery solution for MDU buildings
- Obtain required permission/authorization from MDU property owners
- Understand various MDU service delivery options
- Understand inside & outside wiring techniques and methods to route cabling
- Coordinate appointments with customers, contractors and internal resources
- Use and understand digital and analogue maps.
- Create clear and accurate documentation to support the preview using a computer, hand drawings and photographs.
- Adapt to Customer schedules and meet them after hours if required.
- Consult with Network Operations and Customer Care (Field Operations) with difficult installations.
- Document all work completed to ensure accuracy.
- Care for the company provided work vehicle and tools. Ensure stocked materials and tools in the vehicle are well organized to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent driving skills in the safest manner.
- Proactively demonstrate Ontario Health and Safety work safe practices to foster the safest work environment possible.
Core Competencies (Skills & Attributes)
Organization, Planning and Implementation:
- Full work day attendance and punctuality.
- Superior job task planning.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills; ability to effectively communicate ideas, concerns and job tasks with customers as well as within the organization.
- Accurate and legible written communication.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in iVue.
- Professional phone etiquette with customers and co-workers.
- Work effectively with others to achieve the same goals.
- Able to rely on and reciprocate technical support with co-workers.
- Work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to identify situations and systematically trouble shoot solutions using the knowledge and understanding of the tools required to swiftly resolve problems.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Specialized training consists of, but is not limited to, “Ladder Training,” “Work Area Protection," “Electrical Awareness,” WHMIS, and “Defensive Driving.”
- Additional demands include driving, working autonomously and following tight schedules.
• Post- secondary education is preferred
• Excellent Computer skills
• Solid understanding of the Telecommunication Industry
• Previous experience in telecommunications considered an asset
• Valid Driver’s License with a clean abstract
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
July 30th, 2021 5pm
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.