- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- September 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Wightman is seeking an individual to join our Finance department as our new Payroll Administrator. If you are a person that enjoys a fast-paced working environment and pride yourself on ability to perform detailed financial work, to act respectfully and always maintain confidentiality then this may be the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Process the payroll, ensuring that all amounts are paid accurately in accordance with labour regulations and alignment with established deadlines
- Monitor time sheet reporting for adherence to corporate policy
- Respond to inquiries arising from questions about payroll
- Preserve the confidential integrity of all payroll related information
- Complete relevant forms, such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances.
- Support the administration of employee benefits, liaise with service providers as required
- Accept and process pre-authorized expense reimbursement forms
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Collaborate with the HR Administrator and Department Leaders to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Prepare journal entries, complete account reconciliation, and assist with financial audits related to pay records
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to accounting, clerical and administrative functions
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and an enthusiastic team player; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth-oriented environment. He or she must be proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of direct payroll processing related experience
- Knowledge of payroll legislation, including the Canada Labour Code
- Experienced with payroll systems and internal controls
- Knowledge of audits, income tax forms, health benefit programs, WSIB, retirement plans
- General knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping experience is preferred
- Ability to prepare ad hoc reports using Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong work ethic, effective attention to detail and positive team attitude
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service focus
- Work is conducted in a fast-paced office environment, with many evolving deadlines.
- Wightman fosters an environment of trust, teamwork, and accountability where everyone can do their best work and grow their careers
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to:
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.