- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- July 30, 2021 5:00 pm
The Design Technician will be responsible for design work with AutoCAD, GPS collection, MS Excel and other various software applications. In addition, they will be responsible for field review & to obtain Municipal consent, ensuring that all records are accurate and designs adhere to Wightman Construction Practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing & updating fibre optic design plans with Autocad. Locating underground facilities, Vivax Locator.
- GPS Data Collection.
- Creation & Submission of Permit Applications.
- Responsible for Verification of completed work & ability to independently update records. Field construction terminology, processes & procedures.
- Update Service Orders.
- Interpret drawings that represent objects in the field. Ability to plot all designs in Paper Space with viewports.
- Ability to spot errors and make the required corrections independently. Reports to Manager, Access Network Design
Skills & Attributes
- Safety Conscious
- Ability to work inside or out, in various weather conditions. Experience with Spatial Net is an asset.
- Ability to sit for long periods and work on repetitive tasks. Punctual and consistent attendance required.
- Integrity ‐ Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Applicant should be self‐motivated and able to accept instruction.
- Ability to read and understand maps, documents, enclosure forms, drawings, and diagrams. Must be able to see and distinguish different colors and read fine print.
- Strong manual dexterity and hand‐eye coordination. Must be receptive to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to define and solve problems in the field to ensure job completion.
- Excellent oral communications and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concerns, job tasks with co‐workers and management. Accurate an legible written communication.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Minimum 3 years AutoCad Map experience.
- Demonstrate experience & knowledge of underground & aerial utility construction methods. Secondary education.
- Valid G Driver’s license & Clean driving abstract.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 30th , 2021 5pm
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.