- Job Type
- Closing Date
- December 21, 2018 5:00 pm
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Creative Designer and Marketing Coordinator consistently lives the Wightman values, is committed to the Wightman mission, and is responsible for ensuring the Wightman brand and message is delivered effectively across all advertising mediums. This position requires strong organizational skills to design and execute campaigns, coordinate and represent the company at various community events, and coordinate content for Wightman Community TV, among other activities. This position utilizes specialized software tools to design, develop, and produce media in several formats, and is very hands-on, working on campaigns from conception to launch.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a consistent and effective brand message across all channels;
• Develop, design, and proofread brochures, newsletters, online ads, posters, support documents, etc. for both internal and external audiences;
• Coordinate and prepare mailings for Canada Post;
• Program and monitor local community channel to ensure content is scheduled and runs accordingly;
• Maintain and develop web content, design, and online communications;
• Print, prepare, and deliver marketing materials door to door;
• Build, test, and execute internet marketing campaigns;
• Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as appropriate;
• Develop marketing materials to support several areas of the organization including residential and business, Fibre to the Home, customer care, field operations, and technical support;
• Collect and analyze marketing effectiveness data to track success rate of advertising;
• Maintain Wightman’s marketing material inventory;
• Set up and tear down Wightman booth at events;
• Represent Wightman at community and company events;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain the Wightman brand throughout creative campaigns and marketing materials – integrating the Wightman values with a focus on selling more services, providing best value to customers, and customer retention.
• Propensity for developing creative campaigns and marketing materials with current and potential customers in mind.
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Ability to take on new projects with very little notice and tight deadlines.
• Ability to think quickly and creatively solve conflicts and problems.
Skills & Attributes:
• Proactively demonstrate Ontario Health and Safety work safe practices to foster the safest work environment possible.
• Creative and innovative thinking, demonstrated ability to consider all angles on projects.
• Care for any company provided tools, equipment, and property. Ensure marketing materials are well- organized to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
• Enjoy a variety of work, from office tasks to door to door delivery.
• Ability to interact with consumers, as well as attend and conduct presentations.
Organization, Planning, and Implementation:
• Full workday attendance and punctuality.
• Self-starter and able to work independently and as part of a team in a group setting.
• Superior job task planning, working with end results in mind.
• Demonstrated effective time management skills.
• Strong creative and technical aptitude.
• Heightened attention to detail and quality standards.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal, and listening skills.
• Excellent writing, content development, and editing skills.
• Ability to clearly communicate creative ideas and technical information.
• Professional etiquette in person, over the phone, and through email.
• Work effectively with others to achieve common goals.
• Able to rely on and reciprocate creative and technical input with co-workers.
• Work collaboratively with other departments.
• Post-secondary education in marketing, graphic design, web design, or related field is an asset;
• Previous direct work experience in a creative, advertising, or marketing capacity is an asset;
• Experience working with Mac OS and knowledge of PC platform;
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as excellent organization skills;
• Ability to multi-task and deliver on tight deadlines;
• Strong understanding of internet marketing principles and practices;
• Energetic, motivated, and results-oriented;
• Understanding of the telecommunications industry considered an asset;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean abstract.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• Manual dexterity required for use of desktop computer and peripherals.
• This position requires moderate physical demands such as sitting for prolonged periods of times, typing, use of a computer mouse, carrying, lifting, kneeling, bending, driving, and walking.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM Friday December 21, 2018.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.