Job Type: Permanent Full Time
• 58 14th Avenue, Hanover Ontario
• 587 Huron Street, Unit 3, Stratford Ontario
• 490 St. Andrew St. W. Fergus, Ontario
Reporting to the Manager of Network Operations, the Network Analyst’s primary responsibility is to operate, monitor and maintain the electronic network infrastructure. These duties include ongoing core network expansion projects, and network incident response. The Network Analyst is responsible for Tier 3 support escalations and interaction with external vendor support. This position requires an analytical team player with effective communication skills and a strong focus on customer service.
The duties of this position primarily consist of office-based work. Occasional direct customer interaction to troubleshoot escalations may be necessary. Travel within the serving territory and outdoor activities are occasionally required. As a member of the Network Operations team, a Network Analyst will participate in on-call duty in rotation, responding to alarms and network emergencies
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Follow safe work practices and abide by all Health and Safety policies and regulations.
- Embrace and understand corporate and departmental metrics and their role in the overall success of the company.
- Work effectively as a member of a team to address daily workload and responsibilities.
- Respond to network events and alarms, rapidly troubleshoot, and affect repairs to ensure service level objectives are met.
- Conduct network and systems analysis activities such as network capacity audits, monitoring of services and scheduled maintenance routines.
- Physically install, configure, and test network related hardware to ensure compliance with corporate standards.
- Follow corporate change management processes.
- Perform planned after-hours maintenance work to minimize customer impact.
- Participate in on-call duty, 24×7 for one week in rotation with other team members.
- Perform acceptance testing on new products to ensure corporate specifications are met.
- Create and update network diagrams and documentation.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer the corporate local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), computer workstations and associated peripherals.
- Operate company vehicles per corporate policy and follow defensive driving practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above is a summary of the major elements of the position and may be altered by Management based on business needs and demands.
- Previous experience in telecommunications and/or networking is essential.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in networking, electronic technology or telecommunications is required.
- Network certification such as Juniper JNCIA, CCNA or higher certification is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, VOIP, IPTV Multicast and QOS protocols is required.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows administration is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Fiber to the Home (FTTH) technologies is an asset.
- Knowledge of DSL technologies is an asset.
- Experience with Adtran hardware is an asset.
- Experience with Metaswitch or other voice switching platforms is an asset.
- Knowledge of cellular technologies (IE: LTE, HSPA) is an asset.
- Experience with creating and updating network diagrams is an asset.
- Working knowledge and experience with -48VDC telecommunication power plants is an asset.
- Experience with SNMP and network monitoring and management systems is an asset.
- Experience with programming in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Expect, or Perl is an asset.
- Candidates must have a valid “G” driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record, be insurable in the province of Ontario and be available to travel as required.
- The ability to work as a member of a team is essential to this position.
This position requires some physically demanding tasks such as carrying and mounting equipment, kneeling, bending, sitting for long periods. Outdoor work may be required in any weather condition. Specialized training will be available and will include travel, with some being outside of Canada. Additional demands may include driving, working with hand and power tools, working alone and following tight project schedules. The successful candidate will be required to respond 24×7 on-call, for a period of one week in rotation with all other members of the department. While on-call, overtime may be required to restore services at any time of the day/night.
How To Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date January 24, 2023 @ 4 PM.
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.