Job Type: Full Time
Wightman is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team as our new HR Administrator. You will partner with internal stakeholders to provide support on the full employment life cycle. This will include: ownership of the day-to-day operational activities related to human resources, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and industry standards, corporate policy administration, supporting talent management, and implementing workplace health and safety standards.
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and an enthusiastic team player; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth-oriented environment. He or she must be proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources is required
- Completion of the Certified Human Resources (CHRP) designation is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience in HR related work
- Strong working knowledge of applicable Federal legislation including the Canada Labour Code
- Work experience or education in employment law would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Communicate to internal stakeholders in matters of Human Resources policies & practices, procedures, laws, standards and regulations.
- Provide resolutions to employee relation issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations)
- Support and educate employees for company benefits, employment insurance, WSIB, short & long-term and protected leave claims.
- Plan, organize and execute recruitment of new talent, including drafting job documents, posting to attract the best, screening potential candidates and participating in the interview process as required
- Oversee onboarding orientation and training within the organization.
- Ensure effective exit interviews and provide management with analysis and recommendations.
- Build and sustain beneficial relationships with employment agencies and educational institutions.
- Manage wage structure, position documentation, and a performance evaluation system.
- Oversee the company Health & Safety program to ensure all appropriate regulations are followed, including training and reporting requirements
- Assist Leadership with yearly workforce planning and annual labour budget preparation
- Coordinate and update corporate intranet site.
- Maintain the official repository for all company policy documents ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Work is conducted in a fast paced office environment, with many evolving deadlines.
- Wightman fosters an environment of trust, teamwork and accountability where everyone can do their best work and grow their careers.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to: [email protected]
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.